Sciatica is a common form of back pain, the pain which originates from the hip or buttocks and is gradually transmitted down the thighs to the legs, ankles and toes.
Treatment for Sciatica
1. Sufficient rest reduces the Sciatica Pain as it helps in reducing the inflammation of the nerves.
2. Medications like analgesics and other muscle relaxing injections and sprays are applied to reduce the pains.
3. In some cases microsurgery is also applied to alleviate the Sciatica Pain.
4. Physiotherapy is recommended in many cases in treating Sciatica.
5. Regular exercises go a long way in curbing the problem of Sciatica.
6. Application of heat and ice packs are also very handy in reducing the pain. Many benefit from the alternate heat and cold treatments.
7. External application of oil of wintergreen, which is rich in methyl salicylate is useful for its anti-inflammatory properties that helps in reducing Sciatica.
8. Rubbing St. John’s Wort oil diluted with olive oil also gives good results.
9. In acute Sciatica, a hot bath of Stinging Nettle herb is very beneficial. The leaves must be soaked in water for 12 hours and the strained water must be heated for bathing.
10. Taking tea of Horsetail herb reduces the pain, as it helps in building connective tissue.
11. Tea of Chamomile herb is also beneficial for this process.
12. Drinking hot milk with 2-3 cloves of raw garlic crushed in it provides relief from severe Sciatica Pain.
If you would like to learn how to resolve sciatica pain naturally – without medication or expensive treatments – CLICK HERE to learn more.